GATE is an Entrance exam for Post Bachelor's in Engineering & Science. GATE is a National level exam.
GATE 2016 is organised by Indian Institute of Science - Bengaluru.
GATE is organised by the IIT's and IISC in Round-Robin format every year.
The Exam is conducted usually in February.
The Important Dates and Brochure related to GATE can be obtained from the official website
Opportunities for GATE qualified students
Format of the Exam
- GATE qualified students can apply for Masters's/Doctoral Programs in IIT's/IISc & NIT's with Stipend offered from MHRD for selected candidates.
- Many State owned companies such as IOCL/BHEL/BEL and more offer career opportunities based on GATE Scores.
- GATE qualified students can apply for JRF/SRF positions across laboratories in India.
- Also, Foreign Universities such as NUS/NTU and few German Universities consider GATE for Admission Process.
- GATE is a Computer Based Test(CBT) with a duration of 3 Hours.
- GATE has a Maximum of 100 marks.
- 85 Marks would be for Core Subject related questions.
- 15 Marks would be for General Aptitude.
- There will be 1 Mark and 2 Marks questions, 1/3rd Marks will be deducted for wrong answers. Full Marks will be given to each right answer.
Here is the link for GATE 2016 Ad
Candidates can Apply to GATE 2016 starting September 1st.